Nothing saddens me more than hearing about a couple who wants to have a child,but for whatever reason,can't...And nothing sickens me more than dishonesty and liars.
I talk about this because of a message board I belong. I've belonged to the board for 3 years,and while you might run across your occasional nutjob or pain in the butt,overall it is a WONDERFUL group of ladies and I have made many friends there. Everyone there is so supportive of each other and would help one another in any way possible.
Recently we have run across one of the "bad seeds". Not a nutcase,maybe a pain in the butt, but definitely a LIAR and SCAM ARTIST.
I'm going to give a rundown of the situation,then post a link that will take you to her web page where she is essentially attempting to scam anyone and everyone who reads it.
Her and her husband have tried to have a baby for a couple years,they have been unable to do so. They want to try IVF,which will cost about 15,000 (keep in mind IVF is in no way going to guarantee a baby). She posts about this on the message board and says her and her hubby just don't have the money...blah,blah,blah. So she created a web page where she is basically asking for donations towards this. Someone read about it and forwarded it to her local news station. They will be airing a show about them on Father's Day,where she will tell there story and tell people where they can send money.
All this sounds sweet and wonderful,right? Not a big deal to donate to someone who wants a child so badly.The only problem is she admitted to all of us on the message board that they in fact have 15,000 in the bank but refuse to spend it. She said that is their "emergency" money and with the way the economy is and the expenses of raising a child they don't want to touch that money!!!
Ok,but you want to lie to others and beg for money when you have it sitting there? No where on her web page does she disclose that her and her husband have this kind of money. She makes it seem like they have nothing ,which is why she is doing this. In reality,they have the money,they just won't spend it. Basically they'd rather steal it from others. She thought we were all nuts when we told her this was wrong to do.
If she was honest and upfront and told people that she had this money I would have no problem with this. But what she is doing is just wrong. She's tugging on people's heartstrings and hoping they'll take pity on the "poor" couple with no money and the desire for a child.
I'm sorry. I can't stand when people use kids for things. They don't even have a baby yet and in a way they are already exploiting it. Sick,twisted and wrong.
All I have left to say is Karma is a Bitch!
http://www.beggingforbaby.com/BeggingForBaby.com/Welcome.html
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the link doesn't work
Post a Comment